The incumbent will deliver MEP services for major elements of infrastructure and built environments. Delivering a service of excellent value, whilst providing technical and professional support to the client and Duserve team and ensuring that everything works when it needs to.
The incumbent will establish and implement cost effective solutions to the client which includes the creation of preventative maintenance schedules, plans for quality, health and safety environment, training, and energy conservation etc.
Role and Resposibilites
- Develop maintenance process and plans, resulting in a formal system of preventative maintenance. Provide a quality maintenance service throughout all Duserve projects, ensuring that delivery at the highest level of service, safety and environment awareness at all times
- Maintain and develop an asset and equipment register for all contracts. Provide a process for safe and indexed storage of site drawings, O & M Manuals and equipment layouts.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of all the necessary recording systems needed to comply with Duserve’s HSSE and Regional Health and Safety Legislation.
- Accountable to ensure appropriate stocks levels are available for all maintenance and consumable items and establish formal stock withdrawal system through the CAFM system.
- Responsible for the implementation and development of the company’s CAFM system and to ensure that system data integrity is maintained to provide a single version of the truth
- Provide technical and analytical support for business areas. Research in to process and technical improvements for the use of improving technology and resources.
- Use management by information method, and that effective contract performance review structures are in place and that measurement and review drives continuous improvement in performance.
- Responsible for the preparation of Annual budgets and deliver effective controls to ensure that expenditure is controlled within the agreed parameters.
- Responsible for regular site inspections, to advise the client(s) of any general repairs or additional work that is required. Source optional contractors when requested and benchmark cost. Ensure that all contracts operate within the specified budgets, identifying any areas of variations.
- Liaise with the client to deal with requests for additions and variations to the contract specifications.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, welfare and performance management of the Soft Services team
- Ensure team are working to full capacity and identify training needs. Support in delivering Training program and carryout pre and post appraisals. Carryout all additional task and responsibilities as and when required.
- Authorize as and when required timesheet and OT of all FM or the Contract Personnel
- Implement staff training schedules with documentation on completed programmes.
- Forward monthly employee attendance to HR by confirmed date.
- Accountable for Specialist Service Providers contract management including supporting contract negotiation, performance audits, KPI measurement.
- Evaluate contracts to establish whether they are effective and delivering an efficient service, cost savings and other associated benefits
- Carryout Health and Safety audits on all contractors. Hold meeting with contractors, costs, schedule failure and invoice mistakes, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Chemical) preferred.
- Familiar with Regional and Best Practices Healthy, Safety and Security Measures.
- Internationally or locally recognized membership organization of Engineers desirable.
- Valid UAE driving licence
- Minimum eight (8) years progressively responsible general facilities management experiences to include three (3) years of managerial and strategic functions in a large FM organization.
- Experienced in managing large number of technical teams.
- Experienced in handling File Management compliance in line with audit requirements.
Candidates are requested to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org